Our Business Planning & Modelling Services
At Modul Consult we help refine your vision and mould them into a viable business. We challenge your assumptions, fill gaps in your thinking, provide independent research and analysis, and help formulate business models, tactics, and strategies, crystalizing your long-term competitive differentiation, identify target markets, and plan for business scalability.
Our business plan consultants each have their unique approach to how they work with clients. They will describe their approach during your initial discussions with them so that you understand what to expect as the process progresses. An example business planning engagement might though proceed as:
- Initial discussion(s) to understand your needs.
- Review your existing materials (draft business plans, financials, market research, competitor research, etc.).
- Follow-up discussion to agree upon the scope and fees for the engagement.
- Preparation and execution of an engagement agreement.
- Several in-depth interviews to better understand the details, develop strategies, and agree on all major elements of the Business Plan and Financial Forecast.
- Conduct additional research and formulate additional strategy and tactics, as needed.
- Draft a Pitch Deck (Investor Presentation) and review it with you to ensure that all parties agree on the big picture. Note that the Pitch Deck will have many gaps at this point; we will use placeholders and incorporate facts, figures, and financial projections as they become available.
- Draft the Executive Summary and review it with you to ensure that we all agree on the next level of detail.
- Prepare an outline of the Business Plan.
- Fill in details of the Business Plan. Obtain and incorporate your feedback as we go.
- Customize our Financial Forecast for your business. Populate assumptions with rough, educated guesses. Work with you to refine the assumptions. Teach you how to use the model so that you can explain it to your audience with confidence.
- Finalize all deliverables, including editorial review and additional graphic design/layout work if needed.
- Coach you on the best way to deliver the Pitch Deck and on how to address questions.
- Provide ongoing support, including making minor updates to the deliverables at no additional charge for up to 90 days following the delivery of final documents.